|Reports To:||Manager, Project Management|
Pattison Sign Group Inc. is a highly successful, North American company growing organically and through ongoing acquisitions. It is one of the world’s largest sign and physical branding element companies, with three manufacturing facilities, six sales offices across North America and over 700 employees.
The company is dedicated to absolute customer satisfaction and ultimate quality in its products and services. It is ISO certified to ensure Total Quality in its products and services. The culture of the company is focused on performance and accountability and supports employee empowerment and development.
The company operates independently within The Jim Pattison Group, headquartered in Vancouver and comprised of over 541 locations worldwide. The Jim Pattison Group is broadly based across the automotive, media, packaging, food sales and distribution, magazine distribution, entertainment, export and financial industries. With sales of over $10.6 billion in 2018 and more than 46,000 employees, the Jim Pattison Group is the third largest private company in Canada.
The Project Manager is a national role and part of the Customer Experience, Operations business function, reporting to the Manager, Project Management.
The department is divided into 3 tiers:
- Project Assistant: This role focuses on administration (transactional), data entry and technical proficiencies. Displays a positive mindset for growth and enhancing the customer experience.
- Project Coordinator: Works under the direction of the Project Manager and/or the Business Manager-PM and is responsible for the execution of specific tasks/activities associated with a project.
- Project Manager is a senior role focused on overall project execution by maximizing relationships internally and externally through thoughtful business planning, in-depth brand/product knowledge, relationship leadership, negotiation & business acumen.
Your new role
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for achieving the overall objectives of the program under your leadership. Programs generally consist of 50-100+ sites with a budget of approximately $4M. You will be planning, scheduling, budgeting and setting objectives throughout the lifecycle of your program. Responsibilities will include team leadership, client-onboarding, clarifying scope, identifying and managing risks and developing communication channels with both the project team, and external stakeholders. You will act as first point of contact for escalation.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Education and experience in construction management, project management or engineering is an asset.
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, teamwork and leadership.
- Business acumen and strong communication skills which allow you to engage both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven record of managing timelines, budgets, scope and risks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite & Microsoft Project planning software
- Meeting facilitation; action items
- Milestone and deadline tracking
- Ability to produce clear status reports (writing and verbal)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to train/coach others in principles of project management.
- Able to consult, provide feedback, facilitate discussions, resolve conflict and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- PMP certification an asset and 2-5 years’ experience in leading a team is critical.
- Responsible for all aspects of Program portfolio from initiation to closing.
- Creation and execution of detailed communication plan for both individual projects and overall program, including regular status reporting and updates for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage program budget including monthly/quarterly updates and forecasts
- Oversee program timeline including monthly/quarterly updates and forecasts
- Lead a team of 1-3 Project Coordinators to deliver projects adhering to scope, time and budget plans across the full program portfolio.
- Assists Sales team with customer presentations.
- Act as Primary link between Key Account Managers/Sales Executives
- Manage collaboration with internal teams (art, estimating production) to ensure project objectives are met.
- Lead discussions with subcontractors, design firm consultants and other external resources etc. to ensure timely execution of project plan.
- Ensure timely billing of completed jobs and connects with finance team when required for issues related to billing.
- Ability to approach tasks with professional maturity and excellent self-management skills.
- Reports to Manager, Project Management
- Project Team
- Key Account Managers & Sales Executives
- Design, Subcontracting, Estimating, Production
- Plant managers and critical stakeholders in those facilities.
- Installers, subcontractors
- Suppliers, strategic partners
Please email your resume to HR@pattisonsign.com
Closing date is December 10 2019