We are looking for a new team member – Manager of Membership and Communications for Sign Association of Canada.
Job description summary: Must be a strategic, energetic, self-motivated individual to create, implement and execute organization’s membership efforts. Responsible for cultivating relationships with key member segments across Canada for retention and acquisition and responding to member and prospect inquiries. Must be able to identify, analyze and prioritize potential member cultivation and communications opportunities and determine how information should be disseminated.
Individual must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, writing skills, and extensive membership and stakeholder relationship building experience. Individual must work well in both a team environment and independently, possess excellent time/project management skills, is highly organized and detail-oriented, and is able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks to meet multiple deadlines. Individual must be able to travel occasionally across Canada and to the US, passport required.
Preference is for 3 -5 years of relevant professional experience; however, a combination of education and experience will be considered. Experience with: member/stakeholder relations; member communications/marketing; working with affiliated associations, members, non-members, and partner organizations desired. Association or membership-based organization experience, highly desired. Education in marketing, communications or related field highly desired.
What Success Looks Like:
- Lead Sign Association of Canada to record membership growth and elevated the Sign Association of Canada brand
- Embrace the organization’s “culture code,” by taking risks to create a dynamic and innovative member value proposition that resonates with the sign and visual communications industry across Canada.
- Execute a strong strategic marketing campaign that pushes the line creatively and exceeded goals and expectations.
- Implemented digital marketing tactics, established processes for analysis and execution and created metrics to determine success of these new tactics.
- Represents SAC-ACE and SAC-ACE products and services at affiliated association and other events held throughout Canada.
- Develop and execute recruitment and retention campaigns for key member segments.
- Manage budget for member cultivation, retention and acquisition projects.
- Manage membership administration, including maintaining database, processing invoices.
- Ensure and provide a high standard of member and affiliate service through accurate, friendly, responsive, courteous and effective communication to member inquiries, increasing value to existing members and prospective members.
- Identify member needs and respond to these needs effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to understand industry and organization in order to identify potential communications for dissemination to members, prospects, sponsors/partners and other stakeholders using SAC-ACE’s communication channels.
- Oversee and execute marketing campaigns and analysis.
- Write copy for all member and non-member communications, including: emails, newsletters (electronic and print), fact sheets, infographics, website, direct mail, etc.
- Responsible for project management of member and non-member communication and marketing projects.
- Take the lead on marketing automation platform to ensure all content is promoted in a timely manner, as well as create appropriate workflows within the platform, update personas, create email marketing campaigns and track all results.
- Manage, implement, and track all digital promotions, including paid advertising promotions, and ensure best practices are used for all promotions.
- Leverage social media software tool, to draft, post and monitor social media engagement across all platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Analyze, evaluate and prioritize important communication/marketing opportunities.
- Assist in creating member content for SAC-ACE website (sac-ace.ca) and affiliated association websites.
- Help develop RFPs as needed to solicit bids from vendors.
- Manage volunteer task forces related to membership and communication – such as membership task force, young professionals task force, installers task force
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional customer service skills, required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including phone etiquette and verbal and written communications, required
- Ability to think strategically and excel at driving the organization and its members forward, required.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and prioritize important member communication opportunities, required.
- Exceptional writing skills required. Ability to write creatively for unique member segments and adapt to various writing style to the expectations of leadership team and department heads, required.
- Excellent project management and organization skills. Ability to prioritize large volumes of projects and effectively see them through to conclusion, required.
- Ability to travel domestically and occasionally to the U.S. including for multiple days and some weekends
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, required.
- Proficiency with HTML preferred.
- Familiarity with CRM databases (Wild Apricot), and design programs (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) preferred.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a nice to have.
- $55,000 – $65,000
Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter – we want to hear your story – your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit for you.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé addressed to Sign Association of Canada Executive Director, Karin Eaton at: email@example.com by November 11, 2022 with the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.