Building on the tremendous success of our inaugural Future Leaders Conference last year, this year’s conference will take place in Edmonton, Alberta. Open to young professionals from member sign companies, this three-day, two-night conference will empower participants to seek out leadership positions within the association and their own companies, and will provide inspiration for the next steps in their career. Participants will gain insight into industry-wide best practices and make crucial connections that will benefit not only their careers, but their current employers.
The retreat will be business-focused with an emphasis on the sign industry, while maximizing participants’ potential for leadership excellence.
DAY 1: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7TH – OPENING RECEPTION
Location: The Mercer building (Downtown Edmonton)
7:00 pm – Welcome Reception & Networking Activity
8:30 pm – Tour of the Edmonton Neon Sign Museum at dusk.
DAY 2: THURSDAY, JUNE 8 – LEARNING DAY
Location: Mercer Building (Downtown Edmonton)
8:30/9:00 am – 9:30 am – Networking / Activity
9:30 am – 10:00 am – Coffee Break
10 am – 12 pm – Session – Creating People Connections (Presented by Chad Banman)
In preparation for this session, each participant will be sent a DISC® Individual Assessment, which will then be reviewed as part of this exercise.
The DISC assessment will provide you with the map to more successful interactions with others. You will learn:
- The four main human behavioral styles.
- Who you are and how others perceive you.
- How to read other people and better understand them.
- How to adjust your communication style to achieve your goals.
12 pm – 1:00 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Session: Goal Setting
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm – Coffee break + one-on-one networking activity
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Industry Experts Panel Discussion
6:30 pm – Evening Event (TBD)
DAY 3: FRIDAY, JUNE 9TH – SHOP TOUR DAY
8:30 am: First shop: Behrends Group Edmonton – tour of the facility
10:30 am: Second shop: Cowan Graphics – tour of the facility
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Lunch & Concluding activity
1:30 pm / 2:00 pm – Return to hotel
Registration is open to members only.
Note on Registration:
As part of getting to know all registrants better, each applicant will be asked to respond to the following 4 questions:
- Years in the sign industry:
- What are you looking to get out of participating in the Leadership Conference?
- How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
- Please describe a project you are working on or have recently worked on that you are really passionate about
Please note: If you are applying for a Chapter/Region bursary, the responses to these questions will be shared with the Chapter/Region boards to help them with their bursary recipient selection process.
We have reserved a block of rooms at the Sandman Hotel (159.00 + tax/night), which is conveniently located a 5 minute walk away from the Mercer building where the sessions will take place.
Our block code: 2306ALBERT
Reservations can be made by the following methods:
- Via Phone: 1-800-SANDMAN
- Via Email: reservations@Sandman.ca
- Via Internet: Sandman Signature Edmonton Downtown – block code “2306ALBERT”
To take advantage of our group price, reservation must be made by May 17, 2023
Terms and Conditions:
– Registration is open to 25 young professionals from active member sign companies. To ensure that participants from a wide variety of member companies get to attend, registration is:
– First come, first served (payment must be received within 1 week of registration)
To ensure cross Canada representation, one spot is reserved for each Chapter and Region (total of 7)
– If more than two registrations from one member company are received, the third (and subsequent) registrant might be waitlisted to ensure that other members get to send their representatives.