Town of Oakville is proposing amendments to the Sign By-law (2006-005, as amended), as it relates to elections signs and the fees for ground and fascia signs. The purpose is to reflect changes made to the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, as amended and to make the process of obtaining a ground or fascia sign more efficient.
If you do sign business in the Town of Oakville, we encourage you to send in your comments or provide your input at the Administrative Services Committee meeting on:
Monday, March 26, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Town Hall, Oakville/Trafalgar Rooms
1225 Trafalgar Road
The proposed amendments to By-law 2006-005, as amended, include changes to:
- the time period for when election signs can be displayed;
- allow election advertising to be displayed on town property where paid advertising is permitted, with the exception of the property of a voting location at any time during established voting hours;
- amend the regulation of where election vehicle signs are permitted;
- permit registered third party election signs in support of or in opposition to a candidate or question on a ballot;
- amend the regulations for what is required in order to retrieve election signs picked up by the Designated Official;
- the definitions for “election sign”; “third party election sign”; and “utility pole”; and
- sign fees for ground and fascia signs.
Comments invited: You may provide your comments at the Administrative Services Committee or make written submissions to the committee c/o the Town Clerk at the Town of Oakville, Clerk’s department, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, ON L6H 0H3 or at email@example.com.
For more information please contact:
Andrea Zampieri, Election and Special Project Coordinator
905-845-6601, ext. 4178 ((TTY 905-338-4200)