eyecandy SIGNS INC. is one of Atlantic Canada’s fastest growing companies. Located in Halifax’s vibrant North End, our creative firm is the go to sign company for businesses, developers and facility managers who require thoughtful signs that stand above the field and create an effective wayfinding experience. For over 20 years we have installed some of Atlantic Canada’s most memorable signs. From health care facilities and golf courses, to vineyards and boutique retailers, we pride ourselves on delivering a remarkable product.
SIGN MAKER, Halifax, NS
We are currently expanding our production capabilities and are accepting resumes for tradespeople who are interested in joining our creative team.
This position is part of our fabrication and project management team. The successful candidate’s projects and responsibilities will be tailored to their particular scope of work, capabilities and strengths. If you have strong project management skills you’ll be asked to contribute to daily work orders and inventory. If you have an exceptional interest in machinery you’ll lead our preventative maintenance program. If you understand material capabilities you’ll be encouraged to work on in-house projects.
Required qualifications and characteristics
- Driver’s Licence and clean driving record
- Ability to maneuver a half tonne truck
- Working knowledge of all shop tools
- Some carpentry skills and/or experience
- Comfortable working on a ladder
- A team player with good communication skills, willing to work with others in a variety of roles and relationships
- Comfortable representing the company with clients
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure and in an environment which often requires the need to reprioritize tasks according to evolving and changing deadlines
- Comfortable playing a supporting role in both production and installation
We know that experience looks different on everyone. Perhaps you have a background in carpentry or electrical? Maybe you’re an artist, a project manager or a jack of all trades?
Whatever your experience, tell us what assets you would bring to our team. Direct experience within the signage industry is not required for this position, however, willingness to fully immerse yourself and learn our business is essential.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.