The Project Coordinator is a national role and part of the Customer Experience, Operations business function, reporting to the PM Manager. Project Coordinator works under the direction of the Project Manager and/or PM Manager and is responsible for the execution of specific tasks/activities associated with a project. This role is based out of our Toronto location.
- Project Manager(s), Project Assistants
- Manager, Project Management
- Plant managers and critical stakeholders in those facilities
- Key Account Managers & Sales Executives
- Design, Subcontracting, Estimating, Production
- Installers, subcontractors, suppliers
- General contractors, architects, etc.
Communicate regular updates to Project Manager/Sales/Customer, as required. Main point of contact for internal & external inquiries related to project daily business activities.
- Drive projects to complete on time, within budget and scope.
- Coordinate all tasks/milestones of a project, using system tools to maintain project data.
- Clearly and consistently report on project progress, installation forecasting, margins.
- Initiate kick-off meetings with internal teams (art, estimating production) to establish project objectives, timeline, risks and mitigation.
- May coordinate with purchasing to ensure necessary procurement to support the project.
- Oversee installations and troubleshoot as needed; understand root causes of budget overruns and attribute appropriately.
- Build relationships with key installers to negotiate pricing and work completion.
- Interact with general contractors and other site contacts to verify installation times and access.
- Delegate job administration to Project Assistant (if assigned). May include training PA in various administrative tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Organization: Ability to oversee an account of projects (program and/or custom), with attention to detail; ability to multitask, focus on deep work without being distracted; strong time management skills.
Communication: Ability to produce clear status reports (writing and verbal), communicate professionally (written/verbal) and adapt communication for various internal/external stakeholders. Schedule and lead kick-off meetings, including minute taking and follow-up.
Professionalism: To advance PSG values by collaborating with internal/external stakeholders in developing professional and productive relationships.
Sign Knowledge: Understand project scope to identify risks & mitigation tactics; review upcoming installations to ensure team understanding; technical sign knowledge that allows for oversight on installations and the ability to troubleshoot as needed; understand root cause of non-conformities and attribute costs appropriately.
Technical Proficiencies: Strong competencies in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Skype), web-based systems and Epicor (E10). Experience with alternative ERP systems will also be considered.
Continuous Improvement: Aptitude to identify/communicate risks to scope, timeline and/or budget and offer mitigation recommendations.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to HR@pattisonsign.com