Show Canada What Your Company Can Do!
Celebrate your company’s greatest achievements in signage by entering the SAC-ACE Sign Competition!
The SAC-ACE Sign Competition recognize excellence in the Canadian sign industry and celebrates the outstanding work of our members. It is an ideal opportunity for members to showcase their work, market their products, highlight partnerships with other SAC-ACE members, and promote excellence in the industry.
This is a national competition and open to all Class 1 (Producer) Sign Association of Canada members. Members are encouraged to submit multiple entries for one and/or multiple categories.
Awards & Recognition
All submissions will be featured at Sign Expo Canada at the SAC-ACE Booth – The HUB – through a PowerPoint presentation. Photos of the top three finalists per category also will be prominently displayed at The HUB. Winners will also receive a winner emblem that can be posted on their website or other marketing materials.
The winners of the competition will be announced at the Friday Night Event and featured on the SAC-ACE website for one year, in the biweekly SAC-ACE member eblasts, on social media and in Sign Media Canada.
How to Enter
Simply complete the online form below and upload a digital photo of an actual sign project (one per submission).
The deadline for entry submission is August 31, 2017. Submitted projects must have been completed between August 1, 2016 to July 31, 2017.
The Sign Competition judges include four industry professionals within the sign and design industries.
Judges meet at a pre-determined time to review all submissions. They collectively determine first, second and third place for all categories based on their respective merits. The highest score overall will win a special “Best in Show” award irrespective of category.
Judging criteria include:
- Originality/Creativity: 0-4 points
- Materials: 0-4 points
- Appearance: 0-4 points
- Design Suitability: 0-4 points
- Bonus Point: 0-1 points
Maximum Score: 17 points
The top three finalists per category will be contacted and encouraged to attend the Friday Night Event where the winners are announced.
- Note, the photos submitted will not be cropped or enhanced. They will be printed on a 12”x18” poster board with a white border for judging.
- If more than one photo is submitted, the best photo will be selected. You are encouraged to submit one photo per entry.
- Consider adding smaller photos with the final submission photo to demonstrate height or daylight versus nighttime.
- Double check the entry category before submitting. Entries submitted to the incorrect category may be discarded.
- For the Wayfinding Systems/ Environmental/ADA/Safety Category – Consider submitting a photo compilation (in one photo) to demonstrate the functionality of how the system works.
- Ensure your entry form is complete. The judges review all information provided as part of their final judging decisions.
- High resolution jpegs are encouraged.
- Avoid submitting the same project for multiple categories. If you do submit the same photo for multiple categories, the judges will determine which category best suits the project and remove the submission from what they determined as being non-applicable categories.