Brooks Signs is a custom sign manufacturer located in Brantford. A leader and innovator in the illuminated signage industry since 1985, we are sought after by reputation and have been built over decades by an unwavering top-level commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Our products are amongst the highest quality in the industry, crafted with passion and precision, and provide world class appearance and performance.
To facilitate our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Account Manager.
The Account Manager’s objective is to effectively manage sign manufacturing/installation/service projects end-to-end, from sales to production, including being the liaison between our customers and the manufacturing of their needs. This person is to understand project deadlines, profits and efficiencies, and is to outline any scheduling or budgetary challenges which may hinder the project to successful completion. These activities represent roughly 2/3 of the role. The remaining 1/3 of the role will involve lead generation for new customer projects.
Customer-oriented components of the role include:
- Effectively determine customer needs and develop the job scope and quote for sign-off.
- Provide estimated breakdown of materials and labour with targeted margins.
- Set and manage customer expectations with regard to project scope, timelines, project communication, change controls, and escalation.
- Provide the customer (and management) with updates on project status and closure
- Represent the company to increase and attract new business.
Project Management components of the role include:
- Draft and revise conceptual drawings for sign-off.
- Assist with site surveys, measuring, and permit applications.
- Present and manage sign-offs from sales, customers, property managers, Municipalities, design, etc. This includes chasing approvals on artwork, permits, purchase orders, etc.
- Communicate scope of work, and coordinate and manage progress with sales, the production manager and the installation coordinator.
- Attend work-in-progress meetings to review status and work with production manager on appropriate resource management.
- Ensure all documentation is in file for effective fabrication and installation, and work with production manager and other team members to ensure all costing paperwork is handed in as work is completed.
- Understand, manage and effectively communicate risk management to the team of any missing documentation, resources, etc related to individual projects.
- Understand and accept accountability for overall quality, milestones, deliverables, and job costs.
Cost Management components of the role include:
- Analyze profit centers and mitigate risk of scope creep.
- Reconcile estimated versus actual costs, and provide regular reporting documents showing project successes and losses.
- Manage change requests with regards to scope and timelines and present any extra service charges to the customer if applicable.
Required Skill Set:
- Clear, concise, and strong communicator with both internal, contractor, and customer stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Solid business acumen – able to manage projects with an emphasis on achieving target profit margins while ensuring customer quality and timelines are met.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and documentation controls.
- Ability to reason and influence others at all levels.
- Professional representative of Brooks Signs internally and externally, with the ability to convince existing and prospective customers to provide new business.
- MANDATORY: At least 2 years experience specifically in sign manufacturing
- MANDATORY: At least 2 years experience in project management
- MANDATORY: Demonstrated prior sales experience (strongly preferred to be within the sign industry).
- Note: Applications without the mandatory qualifications will be rejected.
- Willingness to perform site visits and customer meetings as needed
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- RRSP matching program
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- sign industry: 2 years (Required)
- project management: 2 years (Required)
Please email resume to Jason Schwandt : Jason@brooks-signs.com
Location : 5 Worthington Drive, Brantford, ON, N3S 0H4